We connect and offer remote peering to 30 Internet Exchanges (IXs) and that number’s always growing as we look to bring you the best connectivity and peering options available.
With our Remote Peering solution, you don’t need to be physically in the data centre where your desired IX is; through a simple and convenient cross connect you can access the IX and their members through the NetIX network.
And to make things simpler, you only need to have one contract with NetIX and we’ll do all the rest: no investment in infrastructure, no need to sign multiple contracts but you’ll be announced as fully-present at the IX as if you were physically there.
How will you benefit?
- Remote Peering is the easiest way to peer at an Internet Exchange
- You will be listed as a full IX member and appear as if physically at the exchange - it won’t show that you’re connected remotely
- Hand off as much traffic as you like with other members of your chosen IX which will reduce your transit costs
- Remote Peering will save your team time; there’s no need for multiple contracts to be signed - just one with NetIX and we take care of the rest!
- You can attend all the IX’s meetings and events to meet and build relationships with other networks at the Exchange
- You won’t have to deploy expensive equipment - just take a cross connect in a mutual PoP to access the NetIX network.
- It’s a super scalable solution - we can upgrade your commitment in 24 hours!
Remote Peering Technical Specifications
- Meshed, Layer 2 platform
- Both IPv4- and IPv6-peering enabled networks are supported
- You connect directly into the Internet Exchange of your choice
- 24/7 NOC for round the clock support and fully SLA-covered
- You can select your own peering policy; open, selective, or restrictive.