At NetIX, we know delivering an always-on experience is of the utmost importance in today’s technologically-driven world; this is why we developed NetIX’s Smart Blackholing solution. Protect your network and your customers’ reputations by enabling our always-on, automated DDoS mitigation solution.
You set the threshold of traffic you are willing to allow to access your network; if more than this level of traffic gets sent to your network the Smart Blackholing solution software is activated. It automatically stops all traffic from reaching your IP address(es), quickly scans through the routing table to find the attacking party sending the malicious traffic and immediately blocks it.
The Smart Blackholing solution will monitor your network and once it recognises traffic levels have dropped below the threshold continuously for 60 seconds, the ban is lifted and operations return to normal leaving your network safe, unaffected and fully-functioning.
How will you benefit?
- We operate in a ‘set it and forget it’ manner; once you’ve defined your DDoS threshold on your network, you don’t have to think about it again; it’s monitoring your traffic and will kick in automatically when needed
- Smart Blackholing is automated and works 24/7 - most DDoS attacks happen during the night when you may have fewer Network Engineers on-site to manage an attack
- Stopping all traffic enables networks to keep on performing - your customers and eyeballs won’t even notice there’s been an attempted attack on your network
Smart Blackholing Technical Specifications
- NetIX Smart Blackholing service is available for members running both IPv4 and IPv6 BGP sessions with the Route Servers.
- BNv4: 126.96.36.199
- BNv6: 2001:67c:29f0::9999
- MAC: a0f3.c170.99a8
- 24/7 NOC for round the clock support and fully SLA-covered