NetIX’s Regional IXPs
We own and operate two of our own Internet Exchanges;
- NetIX BG for Bulgarian traffic
- NetIX Greece for Greek traffic (combining the historic NetIX Athens and NetIX Thessaloniki)
Peering at these exchanges enables you to keep traffic local and get as close as possible to eyeballs therefore reducing latency and improving your network.
You can access either of our two IXs through a simple and convenient cross connect from any of our on-net data centres.
How will you benefit?
- Hand off as much regional traffic as you like with other members at the IX which will reduce your transit costs
- No need to deploy equipment - just take a cross connect in a mutual PoP on to the NetIX network and we do the rest
- CDNs are able to get as close as possible to the eyeballs as traffic is exchanged directly with all NetIX members, IXPs and other CDNs
- ISPs will be able to save on their transit costs and instead hand off most of their traffic to other NetIX members through On-Net
- Reduce your latency times because you’ll be peering and getting all the local routes from our IXs.
- It’s a super scalable solution - we can upgrade your commitment in 24 hours!
In July 2023, NetIX merged its NetIX Thessaloniki and NetIX Athens exchanges to create NetIX Greece.
Blending these two exchanges together has benefited members in both exchanges; members in the Thessaloniki exchange are now able to access all the Athens-connected members and vice versa without any extra expense, delay, build out, or investment.
In May 2023, we announced our partnership with Lancom, a privately owned Greek provider offering specialised data centre, cloud and telecoms services (you can read the announcement here > ).
Technical specifications of our regional IXPs
- Meshed, Layer 2 platform
- Both IPv4- and IPv6-peering enabled networks are supported
- 24/7 NOC for round the clock support and fully SLA-covered
- You can select your own peering policy; open, selective, or restrictive.