NetIX Global internet Exchange (GIX)
Our Global Internet Exchange (GIX) solution blends and provides all the routes available from all the Internet Exchanges (IXs) and Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) we’re connected to, with NetIX members, across one simple and convenient cross connect to your network.
The GIX gives you access to over 8,000 networks - about 90% of the world’s Internet traffic - without the need to have contracts with each individual IX, giving you all the routes but saving you time, money, and resources.
The more members, IXs, CDNs and networks connect into the GIX, the more networks you can exchange traffic with - we grow, you grow: win-win!
How will you benefit?
- All routes are direct routes via our GIX - you’ll benefit from low latency paths across the entire network
- Peering at the GIX will save your team time; there’s no need for multiple IX contracts to be signed - just one with NetIX!
- You won’t have to deploy expensive equipment - just take a cross connect in a mutual PoP to access the NetIX network.
- CDNs are able to get as close as possible to the eyeballs as traffic is exchanged directly with all NetIX members, IXPs and other CDNs.
- ISPs will be able to save on their transit costs and instead hand off most of their traffic to other NetIX members through GIX
- As more networks join GIX the service will improve but you won’t have to pay extra
- It’s a super scalable solution - we can upgrade your commitment in 24 hours!
GIX Technical Specifications
- Meshed, Layer 2 platform
- Both IPv4- and IPv6-peering enabled networks are supported
- You connect directly into the two NetIX Route Servers
- 24/7 NOC for round the clock support and fully SLA-covered
- You can select your own peering policy; open, selective, or restrictive
- We provide the needed BGP communities
Check out which networks you can connect to via a simple cross connect - click here to visit our GIX calculator